About Me


I am a nineteen year old student living in the Bay Area along with my sisters (ages 24&17) and my dog, a stud of a boxer (age 8). I am originally from Nevada City, CA but after spending some time at 4 year in Seattle and not liking it, I didn't want to head back to school in good ol' Nevada County, so I moved to the Silicon Valley, where there is much more going on. I do however miss aspects of Nevada City, including being surrounded by pine trees a good 95% of the time, the historic downtown, and of course, the beautiful Yuba river. I love the outdoors, eating lots of good, healthy foods, and crafting whatever I can get my hands on. At Seattle, I was studying civil engineering, but I am changing my course and thinking about following in my dad's footsteps as a lawyer. But, who knows, I'll most likely change my mind 6 times before I graduate. That's me in a nutshell: I like the sun, eating, math, and crafts. What a combo!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Advertisement Analysis: Reflection

What I found most thought-provoking about researching the topic of this essay was the level of descriptiveness that could be interpreted from the advertisement based off of Fowles' ideas. Before exploring this topic, I really only noticed two human desires. These being the desire for sex and desire for attention. Really, ads appeal to much deeper and hidden emotions and desires, such as the desire to nurture and the need to aggress. Furthering examining the Azzaro ad and reading more on advertisement strategies, I learned that nearly every tiny aspect of the advertisement fulfilled some purpose. From props, to color scheme, to the models' body language, gestures and clothing, and to the direct placement of the product in the ad itself. Overall, I learned that effective ads work with every bit of the frame to appeal to human wants (sometimes subconscious wants).

On the writing aspect of the essay, I felt that this essay challenged me to obtain a lot of interesting, descriptive information from a single image. Yet, it taught me how to think more profoundly on a particular subject and organize my thoughts as they become more detailed and specific. I also feel like I learned how to make my own interpretations more fluid throughout the essay. Furthermore, I expanded my thoughts and opinions while incorporating the sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment