About Me


I am a nineteen year old student living in the Bay Area along with my sisters (ages 24&17) and my dog, a stud of a boxer (age 8). I am originally from Nevada City, CA but after spending some time at 4 year in Seattle and not liking it, I didn't want to head back to school in good ol' Nevada County, so I moved to the Silicon Valley, where there is much more going on. I do however miss aspects of Nevada City, including being surrounded by pine trees a good 95% of the time, the historic downtown, and of course, the beautiful Yuba river. I love the outdoors, eating lots of good, healthy foods, and crafting whatever I can get my hands on. At Seattle, I was studying civil engineering, but I am changing my course and thinking about following in my dad's footsteps as a lawyer. But, who knows, I'll most likely change my mind 6 times before I graduate. That's me in a nutshell: I like the sun, eating, math, and crafts. What a combo!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Technology and Culture: Reflection

This was a very exciting and interesting topic to research and write on. It caused me to look internally and take time to notice my surrounding and actions in a deeper way. The Frontline documentary, Digital Nation, was a huge part of this essay because it was filled with information and clear opinions. It allowed me to get a further look into the effects of technology on not only individuals my age and background, but of others of all different age groups and lifestyles. 

Also, this was the first time I wrote in class but was given my prompt in advance. So, I was able to do a lot of detailed research, as well as develop my thoughts and create a well thought out outline to use for the allotted time to write the essay. Overall, this essay helped me to feel more confident in my writing because I was able to produce a strong essay in a small amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment